The benefits of metal surface coatings are so broad that they become indispensable for many areas.
There are coatings of different types which contribute some characteristics or others to the material on which they are deposited:
- By means of electrochemical metal depositions, such as galvanized, Zinc alloys (Zinc Nickel, Zinc Iron, Zinc Cobalt, Zinc Cobalt Iron), tin plating, electrolytic nickel plating, decorative chrome plating, hard chrome.
- Through chemical depositions, such as acid zinc and aluminum chromatizing.
- Obtained by conversion, such as anodizing of aluminum and titanium, blued and phosphating.
- Hot dip, such as galvanized, aluminized, tinned and leaded.
- Metallization by projection or vacuum deposition.
- Through plasma obtaining surface hard layers with PVD and CVD.
- Paints, polyurethanes, electrophoresis, electrostatic powder, etc.
- Coatings with PVC, rubber or Teflon plastics.
Depending on the type of coating used, the following improvements can be obtained:
- Improvement of corrosion protection
- Improvement of mechanical characteristics
- Wear resistance
- Improvement of specific properties
- Electrical contact
- A combination of several (color, abrasion resistance, friction coefficient, etc.)